It is difficult to truly measure if we are on the right track for success or not. Most times it should be an innate feeling rather than one that is imposed on us by the seeming success of our peers or other people’s expectation of us.
You could be doing very well in life already and should have no reason to doubt this if you can embrace these signs.
- You have roof over your head. You can pay your rents and have a decent accommodation that you can call home.
- You have great friends who can support you. They see the best in you and believe in the wonderful things you can achieve.
- You are pursuing your passion. You are not simply working to pay your bills, you are working because you find fulfillment in what you do.
- You have been challenged to grow. Yes you have gone through some sober and tough moments. But it did not break you, rather it made you grow and made you become a better person.
- You know what is important and what is not. You don’t have to be chasing after everything at once. Rather you have become more selective about your choices and decisions you take.
- You are responsible. You do not play the blame-game. Rather you can be in charge and control of how you respond to things that happen to you.
- You can listen to your gut and be more attentive to the things happening around you. You don’t act impulsively but can take smart decisions because you are observant and meticulous.
- You can have me-time. You can spend time with yourself and do things you enjoy or that is exciting to you.
- You can afford to give to others. It doesn’t have to be money. But you can also volunteer your resources, energy and time to assist others who need a piece of you.
- You are curious. You are always learning and even if you have not attained so many goals yet, you are constantly working towards these goals by improving your skills and knowledge.
- You are optimistic. You know that things will work out for the best. You don’t have to have it all at once. But somehow you are consistent with your actions and you know that certainly things will work out right.
- You can take care of yourself. It could be your health, your body or your mind. You take care of yourself and treat yourself in a special way.
- You can say no. You are not indecisive but clear about those things you want and don’t want. You don’t follow the crowd. But you have a mind of your own.
- You are constantly evolving. You can call it progress or growth. But you are not who you were last year. You are not dogmatic but do well to learn from your mistakes and make the needed changes in your life.
- You are content. You are satisfied with the progress you have made. You do not need to compare yourself with others or be pressured to be what you are not. Rather you focus on living in the moment and taking one step at a time.
- You have a job. You don’t depend on others, but you can pay your bills, clothe yourself and enjoy a decent meal.
- You know you are a work in progress. There is so much ahead that awaits you and you can look forward to it. Rather than be bugged by where you are now or the limitations you currently have, you can focus on where you would be.